Use the links to seek the answers to the inquiries. If
a link is broken or you deem the information inadequate,
1. King Charles II gave William Penn the land now called
Pennsylvania through the Charter
2. The first frame of government for William Penn's Pennsylvania was called
Penn wrote, "any government is free to the people
under it where the laws rule and the people are party to the laws."
3. What was a consequence of Penn's protection of freedom principles?
4. The 1701 Charter called for freedom of religion. Was that the actual practice?
5. Do you consider the Walking Purchase ethical or unethical behavior? Explain
6. Did Pennsylvania's General Assembly support the initial calls for independence from King George?
7. Describe the events that transformed Pennsylvania's government.
8. What was the significance of the passing of the Act for the Gradual Abolition of Slavery?
9. How is the story of John J. Kehoe, a reinforcement of the importance of upholding the rights of citizens, in Pennsylvania?
10. The founding Society of Friends (Quakers) considered
men and women equal.
Does the journal of Liliane Stevens Howard reflect success or failure in her advocacy of suffrage?
"From the dominion of Queen Aliquippa in the Allegheny
Mountains, to the Susquehanna River rolling through Central Pennsylvanias
Posted 4/6/2006 by Cynthia J. O'Hora
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color or font ( not yellow, avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment. You may be working on this project at home, the public library and at school.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together. Watch Google Docs video TAI - How could you use Google Docs to do a project? How would this facilitate group projects?