1. Write three things all amphibians have in common.
2. Some bullfrogs live in a bayou.
3. If you wanted to find a frog, which place is your best bet?
4. Different animals are active at different times of the day.
Which one are you?
5. Bullfrogs are: (Hint: You might want to use an online dictionary to learn the meanings of these words.)
Which are you?
Are people prey?
6. Name three amphibians, including one frog, that can be found in your state.
8. Watch - Frogs & How They Live video @TeacherTube
What are four measurements a scientist studying bullfrogs would make?
Work through the activity Variation - grouping things
9. Scientists sort organisms to study them. They use a process called Classification to describe
Fill in the missing information to classify bullfrogs using this information at Animal Diversity Web
Choose another organism from the story. Fill in the classification for it. (Some are from the illustrations)
Duckweed, crayfish, spanish moss, sphinx moth, black-crowned heron, raccoon, cricket frog,
10. Watch the Deformed Frogs video. What can people learn from observing species?
How does pollution impact a bayou or other wetland?
Make a pamphlet, a computer presentation or a poster about frogs. Explain their role in the ecosystem.
Draw the life cycle of an amphibian.
“It's not easy being green.” Kermit T. Frog
All trademarks, copyright and logos belong to their
Cindy O'Hora, updated 5/2014
Save a tree - How to make a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color (NOT YELLOW) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or ). Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Submit your assignment via an electronic class dropbox or email attachment. Save a copy of your work on your computer.
Proof read your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. | Make Your Own Printed answer sheet.
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together. Watch Google Docs video TAI - How could you use free, Google Docs to do a project? How would this facilitate group projects?
1 Science NetLinks Benchmark 1- Nature of science - How science works