1. Open a word processing document, SimpleText or TextEdit document.
2. Make a list of words and clues.
There are five topics in the Fields, Meadows and Fencerows Study Unit. Be sure to gather a few words from each topic: habitat, mammals, birds, insects, trees & plants.
Many resources in Fields, Meadows and Fencerows Unit can help you develop clues.
Separate each word and its clue with a slash "/" character.
example: egg/bluebirds lay 4 to 7 can be light blue or white.
Press the Enter key once after each clue, except for the last clue. Clues can be up to 255 character long.
SAVE this document to your class folder.
3. Highlight the Copy the words and clues.
Go to the web page Instant Online Crossword Puzzle Maker.
Paste the words and clues into the online form.
4. Click Create Puzzle.
5. Follow the directions - "Click puzzle to see your puzzle." Print it.
Or Save a copy of the puzzle to your class folder.
Or Print to pdf to save the puzzle in a sharable electronic format.
6. Swap your puzzle with another person.
Complete their puzzle.