1. Read: "Cleansing the Air at the Expense of Waterways" New York Times October 12, 2009.
Listen to these podcasts from the USGS
2. What are the sources (methods of generation) of the electricity used in your home?
3. What are the sources (methods of generation) of the electricity used in your community?
4. Evaluate - How clean is your community's air?
EPA: Air tests near schools a priority USA Today
How does your communitys tap water rate?
Use the Tap water database to obtain an answer.
5. Based on the data you have found, is this clean air versus clean water an issue for your community? Explain.
6. What actions can an individual take to mitigate this problem? Explain.
"I have no doubt that we will be successful in harnessing the sun's energy....
This activity is aligned with the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Reading, Writing, Speaking; Environment and Ecology, Science and Technology,
All trademarks, copyright and logos belong to their respective owners.