Spreadsheet Internet Hunt
Directions: Use the links to find the answers to the questions. Use the Go menu to return to the hunt. Printer version
1. What types of data can you enter in a spreadsheet cell? Name 3
2. What is the symbol you must enter first when creating a formula in a spreadsheet?
3. In the function =SUM(B3:B6) what are the arguments?
4. When making a thermometer style chart, what is the key?
5. How do you get text to appear in multiple lines (text wrap) in a single spreadsheet cell?
6. My spreadsheet is beautiful, but it covers three pages.
I only have two sheets of paper.
7. You are working on a project that will be posted on
the Internet. You want to post your Excel spreadsheet as a web page.
What happens if you automate the Save as Web Page command?
What button do you click to access the fields for entering Web page title and keywords?
8. What is the difference between the spreadsheet commands Copy .. Paste and Copy .. Paste Special ?
9. What are the advantages to using references in a spreadsheet equation?
10. When creating a spreadsheet, you choose to make the
local sales tax cell an absolute reference. Why?
11. What button or command do you use to automatically label the months of the year in columns or rows of your spreadsheet?
12. How do you get Excel to automatically display a number as currency or percent?
13. Your current stock holdings are in
this spreadsheet. Assume you buy 100 shares of Apple stock
14. Spreadsheets are a great way to make charts. Different
charts (graphs) have
(TAI) You work for a veterinarian. She wants to compare
the number of each kind of pet
15. What is an exploded slice in a pie chart?
Why would a chart maker do this?
16. AutoCalculate will perform several types of calculations. List them.
17. Watch the online tutorial Tool
Bars and Menus.
Think about it - List four professions that use spreadsheets.
Create Sieve of Eratosthenes on the Computer - Watch the online videos.
Look it up - Who is the Father of spreadsheets?
Tackle the spreadsheet crossword puzzle
Endeavor to complete Charting Information in Excel WebQuest
Push your "know how" off the chart using the Excel section at Learning Electric
Use Create a Chart to become a graph making expert
School Test Scores Campaign How is your school doing? Chart the scores. What can you do about it?
Internet Hunts / Nature / Computers / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
Save a tree use a digital answer format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like Symbols, , ) Perhaps you have the resources to record verbal answers. If you do, be sure to first read / record the question. Then record the answer immediately after it. Make your own answer sheet