March Facts Activity #2
Directions: Use the links
provided to find the answers to the questions. Use the Back button menu
to return to this page.
1. Your dad has decided to make Corned
Beef and Cabbage from scratch for his first, annual St. Patrick's
2. In March 1847, Alexander Graham Bell was born in Scotland.
What did he call his invention? (Watch the video)
TAI (Think about it) Name a few ways your communication device is different from Bell's invention?
Examine this Master Map of Bell's path to invention. What problem was he originally trying to solve?
Did it solve the problem?
Dig deeper. How is that problem solved today?
Priestley was a famous chemist who was born March 13, 1733.
4. Tornadoes are dangerous storms. Write significant two facts about tornadoes.
5. You are watching your favorite TV show at home.
Frost was an American poet. One of his most famous poems is "The
Road not Taken".
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I I took the one less traveled by,
7. A credit card is a powerful tool. How you use the tool can be good or bad.
the Spending Challenge.
8. Someone took a slice from the cake you made for the
What rights are protected by the Fifth Amendment?
9. How did Alice Hamilton contribute to making this a healthier world?
10. The rules for daylight savings time have changed.
Why do we annually make these changes?
11. Which of these facts from Women's History Month: March 2015 @ the Census Bureau
Compare the facts in the Women's History Month 2010, with the same fact in Women's History Month 2012
12. On March 4, 1917, Jeannette Rankin took her seat in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Why is this noteworthy?
Check out the Daylight
Saving Time web site. We tend to think that what happens here,
Science Observation Skill Builders - try one
The Yes Men - democracy for sale - Try your hand at this approach to dealing with a problem facing you today.
Explore Science videos at DFTV - check it out and then do a Try It
Challenged by Math or science? Try the free videos at Khan Academy.
A Woman got it done. ~Virgil - Extraordinary Women Internet activity
posted 2006 Cynthia
J. O'Hora, Updated February 29, 2016
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.