Heart Facts Internet Activity
1. The heart is part of the ____________________________ system.
Its job is to
3. Take the narrated Human Heart Tour.
The heart has 4 chambers. Each of these chambers plays
an important role
What is the cardiac cycle?
4. The blood flow through the heart is controlled by _________________________.
How many of them does the human heart have? _____________________.
5. Vessels transporting blood to the heart are called ____________________.
Blood returning to the heart is a dark bluish red. This is because:
Vessels carrying blood away from the heart are called ___________________________.
With one exception, blood leaving the heart is a bright red. This is because:
Name the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood away from the heart.
6. The heart is a muscle that has arteries. How many coronary arteries does the human heart have?
7. If a coronary artery becomes blocked what happens?
A heart healthy diet limits:
8. Patients in the hospital may be having their heart
9. What is pulmonary circulation?
10. When you have a physical they often check your blood
11. You are not feeling well. You are pale and sweaty.
Someone takes you to the nurse.
What is she measuring?
You anticipate that the nurse will tell you - it is normal / it is faster than normal / it is slower than usual.
12. Write a fact filled paragraph explaining why smoking is terrible for your heart.
13. Figure this. Write a multi step explanation on how to solve this problem.
Step 1 - Measure my pulse.
Step 2 -
continue adding steps as needed.
14. How do you perform Hands-Only CPR?
"In a full heart there is room for everything, and
in an empty heart there is room for nothing." ~ Antonio Porchia
All trademarks, copyright and logos belong to their respective owners.
Released to public domain in honor of all the emergency department & critical care nurses, who step between you and disaster every day.
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid Symbol, , or other ornate artistic fonts). Save frequently as you work. Enter your name and the date in the header of the document. Submit your document via electronic dropbox or email attachment. Bad things happen. Save a copy of your work on your computer. Make Your Own Answer Sheet Form using Word Processing