1. Open a new document that lets you enter text like: a word processing document, a SimpleText document, a Google Doc. or a TextEdit document.
2. Make a list of words and clues. Separate each word and its clue with a slash "/" character.
Write the clues in your own words. Clues must be understandable by another person. Do not copy - paste from a dictionary.
Press the Enter key once after each clue, except for the last clue. Clues can be up to 255 characters long.
SAVE this document to your class folder or Desktop or documents folder. You will submit a copy of this words/clues sheet.
Proofread the words and clues. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work.
3. Highlight > Copy the words and clues.
Go to the Make a Crossword Puzzle web page. http://www.puzzle-maker.com/CW/
Paste them into the online form.
4. Click Create Puzzle.
5. Follow the directions - "Click puzzle to see your puzzle." Print it. Or Save a copy of the puzzle to your class folder. You can also "Print to PDF" to save a version of your puzzle in your computer. PDF documents can be shared with anyone who has a computer no matter which kind they use.
6. Exchange your puzzle with someone. Complete their puzzle. Submit this completed puzzle.