|MYOD - Make
Your Own Database - a tutorial
by Cindy O'Hora
Fields: Name, address, phone, grade, gender, school, teacher/advisor, project name, category. Other data: Entry date, fee paid, paper work received, ranking or award.
Step 9. Making the database. Creating Fields. Number
Why a fee paid number format?
To resume adding fields:
1. Go: Layout .. Define Fields
2. Enter Fee paid in the Field Name.
3. Change the Field type to Number. Click Create.
4. Click Options
9. Double click on the feed paid box so that it is selected. This will open the Number format box.
10. Click the bullet for Currency. Click OK. Doing this will set the computer to enter the dollar sign and decimal point 00 cents to the number entered. This makes data entry easier and ensures a consistent format.
11. Go Layout .. Browse to return to the Browse view of the database.
Next - Harness the Summary field to get a total across records.
Database Activity - vocabulary
|Database - organizing||AppleWorks database tips|
Internet Hunts / Nature / Computers / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home