Charting eggs ele
All about Birds ele/ms
Collecting data ele/ms
Nest Box Log ele/ms/hs
Life Cycles ele/ms
Mapping Birds ele/ms/hs
Feather Facts ms/hs
Scientific Thinking ele/ms/hs
Systems & Controls ms/hs
Science Journal Entry ms/hs
Make Puzzle ele/ms/hs
Ecology Vocabulary ms/hs
Other Nestbox residents:
All about Birds Exercise
1. What makes a bird - a bird? What characteristics do all birds have in common?
2. Bluebirds belong to the Order - Passeriformes.
3. There are over 60 Families in the Order - Passeriformes!
4. Name another bird, that is found in your state,
5. Use this resource to write 4 tips on identifying a Bluebird.
6. Scan this article - Four Common Wing Shapes in Birds.
7. Research - How does preening help birds survive?
8. Read this article called Bird Beaks . Which kind of bird beak do Bluebirds have?
9. How do birds deal with damaged feathers? Read - Molting
Fly farther by learning about feathers.
Learn more: Variation - grouping things
NPWRC - Bluebirds
BirdSleuth: Investigating Evidence - free materials from Cornell University
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document. Save frequently as you work. Be sure to enter your name and the date in a document header. Submit the digital document via an email attahment or a class drop box.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work.
Cindy O'Hora Posted September 2008, Updated links 4/2016