Sing Down the Moon Internet Hunt
Directions: Use the colored links
provided to find the answers to the questions. Use the Go menu
of your browser to
1. The people in the story live near a Mesa. What is a mesa?
3.This is a story of the Navajo people.
Write three facts about their culture or lives.
4. Bright Morning and her family are forced to walk to Fort Sumner.
How far did the soldiers force some people to walk?
What is the longest distance you remember walking?
5. Dine or Navajo people built hooghans. Why does the entrance face east?.
Contrast your home with this Canyon de Chelly 200 year old Hooghan.
6. When a Navajo baby is born, whose clan does it belong to? Is it the mother's clan or the father's clan?
If you were born Navajo your cousins would be considered your .....
7. Are the events in the story fact or fiction?
8. The churring song of an owl is mentioned at the end of chapter 7.
8. Did the Navajos in the tale practice the Three Sisters method of planting? Describe it.
9. Where does Scott O'Dell get his ideas for his stories?
If you could travel to Canyon De Chelly, what would you like to see?
Make a diagram comparing & contrasting the Indians of your region to the Diné People.
Songs from the Loom: A Navajo Girl Learns to Weave Activity (We Are Still Here: Native Americans Today) by Monty Roessel
Explore the Native American Geometry site - http://www.earthmeasure.com/
Learn about the Navajo Code Talkers and the critical role they played in WWII.
Join On the trail of the First People - if you miss the deadline start one using the model
You are going to write a novel based on your community.
Internet Hunts / Nature / Plants and People / Problem & Project based Learning / Computers / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
Created in 2002 by Cindy O'Hora, Updated 9/2012, Posted 5/2002.
Save a tree - use a digital answer format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid fancy ones like , ).Save frequently as you work.
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together.