O. Henry Internet Hunt
1. O. Henry is actually a pseudonym. What is a pseudonym?
2. What was O. Henry's given name? Why do you think he employed a pseudonym?
3. O. Henry was known for writing .......
4. List three significant events in his life that may have affected his writing.
5. The O. Henry prize is awarded annually. What does it recognize? How many winners have there been?
6. Name the elements of a short story. How do they differ from a novel?
7. Select one of O. Henry's short stories.
Write the title:
Identify each of the elements of a short story (see your answer in question 6) found in your chosen story.
8. What really is Behrman's masterpiece in The Last Leaf?
Explore O. Henry's works here. http://www.bibliomania.com/0/5/221/frameset.html
My favorite is The Gift of the Magi.
Make an Internet hunt based on one of O. Henry's works - directions for creating literature based hunts.
2002 Cindy O'Hora, Updated 1/3/2008 Released to public domain in honor of O.Henry's The Gift of the Magi
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together.