Night by Elie Wiesel - Literature Internet Activity
1. Weisel says that even before the Holocaust people were
interested in Zionism.
2. What are the titles of the two other books that comprise the Night Trilogy?
3. Name six countries that have used concentration camps.
4. German officers were billeted in the book. Where are you billeted?
What part of the U.S. Constitution sets rules about billeting soldiers in U.S. citizen's homes?
What are the rules?
5. Not all Europeans turned a blind eye to the Holocaust.
Some tried to help the Jews.
What happened to him?
US President forcibly removed people from their homes, imprisoned
them in camps
What people did he mistreat?
How many died?
What proportion of their population died?
Where these actions justified?
8. Elie Wiesel won a Nobel Prize in 1986. Which prize?
For what work was he awarded the prize?
9. According to Mr. Wiesel, what is more threatening to humankind than hate?
How is it more threatening?
10. What was the largest ghetto in Europe?
How many people were confined there?
How did the people resist their mistreatment?
11. What were the goals of the Holocaust badges?
12. One girl in the book got false papers identifying
her as Aryan. What did that mean?
13. Mr. Wiesel survived captivity at Auschwitz. How many
did not survive?
14. George Santayana said, "Those who do not learn from
history are doomed to repeat it."
How does this compare with the society at your school?
Do bullies call kids names?
Do they exclude kids from groups?
Do they torment them?
Most importantly, what do you do when you see this kind of barbaric behavior?
* Is this book an example of narrative, persuasive or informative writing?
* Complete the Heroes essay
* Compare the treatment of the Holocaust victims with treatment of the Native Americans
Scream Bloody Murder - genocide special on CNN
Explore the region around Sighet, Romania http://johnrausch.com/Maramures/default.htm
A Class Divided - compelling program about prejudice in an American 3rd grade.
"If you save the life of one person, it is as if you saved the world entire." - Jewish Proverb
"There must be on this planet at least one person who needs you. One person you can help," Elie Wiesel said. "Don't turn away; help."
Internet Hunts / Nature / Civics & History / Computers / PA Projects / Puzzles & Projects / Problem based Learning / Home
2002-2006 Cindy O'Hora.
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment. Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together.