Make a Month Based Internet Hunt
Before you begin this challenge, it would help you to try a couple hunts. Test drive a few that are of interest to you.
This exercise is about harnessing resources. Consider
carefully which link might yield the info you need.
Use a Fact of the Day site to find some facts about
things that happen in the selected month.
Although you might start looking in the same site, you
must use a different site for each answer.
Write the question, the answer, and the name of the site
for finding each answer. If you are using an open computer
Select a calendar month.
1. History question - (related to a famous event that occurred during the month)
2. Science question (based on a science discovery made or a natural phenomenon)
3. Biographical question (based on a person who was born in or who died in the month)
4. Special to the month question - a holiday or special event.
5. Current event related question
6. Math question (Hints: read an online chart for info,
use an online form to get data,
7. Select a subject on GreenEnergyTV. Write a question based on the video.
After you have all the questions, answers and web based resources - Harness this lesson on making it into a web page.
2002 Cynthia J. O'Hora Released for non commercial use. posted September 2002 Updated 4/2009
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together. Watch Google Docs video TAI - How could you use free, Google Docs to do your work?