Review the Comparison and Contrast Guide @ ReadWriteThink - online activity through "Evaluating".
Ash, hemlock, hickory, white oak, walnut, locust, beechnut, willow, sassafras, slippery elm, poplar (tulip). worksheet pdf
1. Write as a fraction the number of deciduous trees compared with the whole number of trees.
2. What percentage of the trees, in the chart, are helpful to wildlife?
3. What percentage of the trees, in the chart, are helpful to birds?
Your class is planning a habitat garden for your school. One goal is to plant native plants and trees.
4. What factors should you consider when selecting the trees?
Which trees do you recommend they plant?
5. The habitat garden will be on the side of your school that faces south. Trees planted there can shade
your building during the hot days of the year.
Which kind of trees should be planted so that the winter sun can still shine on the south side of the building?
Why did you select these trees?
6 . Plants and People - Look up one of the trees in the story in this web site. Write a way that people have used the tree.
7. Do a tree inventory of your home's yard, the school yard or a local park.
What are your findings?
Watch Green Thumbs video - future channel Conduct the experiment. What are your findings?
Complete the My Side of the Mountain Internet Hunt
Making Book Trailers with Photo Story 3 free software and free tutorial
Internet Hunts / Nature / Plants and People / Computers / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
Copyright ©2004 Cindy O'Hora All Rights Reserved. Educators
may print this page, exactly as it appears, for use in a classroom setting.
How to make a digital answer sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. You may be working on this project at home, the public library and at school. Consider using free Google Docs.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet.