Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Scavenger Hunt by Cindy O'Hora
Directions: Use the links
provided to find the answers to the questions.
1. Harry Potter's pet is a snowy owl named Hedwig. What does a snowy owl eat?
2. In Professor Sprout's herbology class, Harry learns the many uses of plants.
How did people in the 14th century use mint?
3. Harry searches for the famous Sorcerer's Stone.
How big is it?
Write one fact about it.
4. Harry looks into the Mirror of Erised and sees his
Write Erised backwards:
5. Fluffy guards the Sorcerer's Stone.
6. How old was J. K. Rowling when she wrote her first story?
the zoo, Harry discovers he can talk to snakes.
8. The ghost Peeves is a nasty fellow.
Enter the term pet peeve and search for the answer.
9. Harry catches the train to Hogwarts. Suppose you
wanted to catch a train going from New York City to Orlando, FLA.
What day and time would it arrive in Orlando, FLA?
10. What does Dumbledore mean? (Look under Commentary at the bottom of the page.)
Fun stuff when you are done:
* In the Philosopher's Stone book, Harry goes to "Platform 9¾ at King's Cross Railway station in London" to catch the train to school.
* Good writers use effective grammar in every sentence. Go to this funbrain puzzle and sharpen your grammar skills.
* You are in Professor Sprout's Herbology class. Watch Green Thumbs video @ Future Channel. Conduct the experiment. What are your findings?
* Making Book Trailers with Photo Story 3 free software and free tutorial
©2000 Cindy O'Hora.
All Rights Reserved. This hunt may not be distributed or reposted elsewhere.
Save a tree use a digital answer format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid fancy ones like: , ). Or perhaps you have the resources to record verbal answers. If you do, be sure to first read / record the question. Then record the answer immediately after it.MYO Printed answer sheet.