Binary Language - Computers Activity
Directions: Bookmark this
web page. Click the links to go to a site to find the answer. You'll need
to do some digging on the sites.
1. How many digits are there in the binary system (Base 2) numbers?
Write the digits.
TAI (Think About It) - The prefix bi means 2.
Write the name of a common 2 wheeled transportation device that begins with the prefix Bi.
Humans can be described as bipedal. This is because humans have
The herb parsley is biennial. How long does parsley live?
Your town is celebrating its bicentennial which means it is
The magician announces, "And now I shall bisect my lovely assistant G.W.!" You can hardly wait for him to
2. To computers the binary digits are not 1s and 0s. They are....
A single binary digit is called a _______________
Four single binary units are called a ____________________________________
A byte is ___________________. A single byte can represent the decimal values ________________________
A 16-bit word has how many bytes? ____________________________
Write the number two in binary. __________
Write the number four in binary __________
Write the number ten in binary ___________
Reach: Study the example under How to Read a Binary Number. Write your age in binary.
Write the answers in binary.
How long is the Statue of Liberty's index finger?
How many Doric columns does the Lincoln Memorial have?
Inside the Washington Monument there how many are memorial stones?
5. A million bytes is commonly referred to as ____________________________________________________
6. All the letters of our alphabet can be represented
code. Write the name JEN in binary using this chart.
Love a challenge? Inscribe your first name in binary code.
7. Learning binary provides you with 2 things. Name them.
8. What is the difference between an ASCII file and a Binary file? _________________________________
9. One measure of a computers speed and power is _______________________________________________
Which is the fastest? a 64 bit CPU / 32 bit CPU / 16 bit CPU
10. TAI - Underline the test that uses a binary form. Multiple guess / essays / true false / fill in the blank
"You only ever grow as a human being if you're outside your comfort zone." ~ Percy Cerutty
Internet Hunts / Nature / Civics / Problem Based Learning / Computers / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
2004 Cindy O'Hora / FAQ
Posted 10/2004, utd 9/2017
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid Symbol, , or other ornate artistic fonts). Save frequently as you work. Enter your name and the date in a header. Submit the assignment via a class dropbox or an email attachment. Bad things happen. Save a copy of your document in your computer.
Aligned to PA Academic Standards:Reading Writing, Listening and Speaking
Science and Technology